Frequently Asked Questions

Question: How do I dispose of expired or empty fire extinguishers?

Answer: Please contact the Yolo County Landfill and ask to speak with someone assigned to the Household Hazardous Waste Collection for specific information. Further information can be found HERE  or contact a Fire Protection Equipment supply company of your choice.


Question: Can the Winters Fire Department come to my house to change battery smoke detectors?

Answer: The Fire Department does not offer a program to change smoke detector batteries.


Questions: Can I bring my old American flag to the Fire Department to be disposed of?

Answer: Yes, the Winters Fire Department accepts flags for disposal.