“A Tradition of Service Since 1902”
- The Department provides service 24/7, 365 days a year.
- You can contact the Fire Department office Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, at 530-795-4131.
- The Winters Fire Department is made up of 4 career and 50 volunteer personnel.
- The Fire Department’s administration consists of one Fire Chief, three Captains and one part-time Secretary.
- The Department covers approximately 86 square miles in Yolo County which make up the City of Winters and the Winters Fire District.
- The Winters Fire Department gives and receives additional firefighting resources from all of the surrounding fire districts as well as resources from Yolo, Solano and Napa County Fire Departments on a mutual aid basis.
- The Fire Department serves a population of approximately 7000.
- Station 26 runs approximately 700 calls per year, depending on the fire season.
- The City and the District are served by one station, located at 700 Main Street.
- The City of Winters currently has an ISO Rating of 4 and an 8B in the District.
The Department is organized into three divisions, each with a specific area of responsibility. Each of the divisions oversees several important functions including personnel, emergency response, training, fire prevention, fire inspections, public education, fire investigations, EMS, and facility & fleet maintenance. The divisions include:
Fire Operations & Training
Fire Prevention & Public Education
Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Fleet & Facilities